New Teacher Induction / Orientation:
The New Teacher Induction and Orientation meeting is moving from a half-day session to a full-day beginning Fall 2019.
TWO very important points to note starting with the 2019/20 SY:
- New Teacher Induction and Orientation meeting is now a FULL DAY; attendees should plan on 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Safe Environment Training workshop WILL NO LONGER be held as part of New Teacher Induction and Orientation
- Teachers need to sign up for and attend a SET workshop PRIOR to their first day in the classroom
- Link to https://old.archden.org/child-protection/ to register for a workshop
WHO attends New Teacher Induction and Orientation meeting?
- ALL teachers new to the Archdiocese of Denver
- ALL teachers who are moving from INITIAL to PROFESSIONAL teaching license
- ALL teachers participating in the Alternative Licensure Program through AoD OCS and Regis University
WHAT information/materials are covered at the New Teacher Induction and Orientation meeting?
- Purpose of Catholic education and Catholic schools
- Archdiocese of Denver Catholic Schools policies, procedures, and processes
- Licensing information for teachers moving from initial to professional (induction)
- Catholic Schools are MTYR
WHERE is the New Teacher Induction and Orientation meeting held?
St. Thomas More Catholic School
7071 East Otero Avenue
Centennial, CO 80112
WHEN is the New Teacher Induction and Orientation meeting held?
Friday, August 9, 2019
8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Registration begins at 7:30 am