Social/physical distancing is an effective way to prevent the spread of infectious diseases, including COVID-19. All school faculty and staff, students, parents and visitors should adhere to the recommendations provided by public health officials specifically during Healthy School Levels 1-3.
- As much as possible, maintain 6-feet distance between individuals in classrooms, hallways, bathrooms, cafeteria/lunchroom and playground.
- One-way traffic flow may be designated for hallways to help maintain social/physical distancing requirements.
- Signage throughout the school building, along with markings on the floor will help with social/physical distancing and can be used as needed.
- There should be no physical contact (e.g., handshakes, hugs or “high-fives”) between students, faculty and staff excluding members of the same family.
- Group gatherings of any size in hallways, classrooms, bathrooms, cafeteria/lunchroom and playground are to be avoided.
- Group gatherings per official orders may range from 10-500 people, depending upon location and orders in place at the time.
- Adhere to all local and state guidelines and involve the local county health department in any plans being made for group gatherings of any size.